View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 25 hour Fence-a-thon for breast cancer research 

I'm not usually one to do this kind of thing but I have a charity event coming up at the end of the month so thought I'd share the information in the event anyone was interested in sponsoring me. Take a look and if anyone has any questions reply to this post or shoot me an email at patrick.capstick@gmail.com

http://trovaredispada.com/25-hour-fence-a-thon-2012/

Trovare Di Spada, the traditional fencing school of Midtown St. Louis, will host a 25-hour Fence-A-Thon to benefit local breast cancer treatment services. This non-stop, sponsored fencing event will be the first of its kind in St. Louis, so please join us in making fencing history and in supporting a very worthy cause. Fencers of every ability level are invited to participate for any length of time. Registration fees, sponsorships, and donations are tax deductible. 100% of all monies collected will go to support breast cancer treatment programs in St. Louis.

This promises to be a memorable and fun event . . . but we need your to help us make this 25 Hour Fence-a-Thon a great success!

when = 7 am Saturday April 28th to 8am Sunday April 29th.
where = TDS sala di armi
what = non-stop sponsored fencing event
who = the total donation will be given in honor of Mai Franklyn
benefitting = The Hereditary Cancer Program (fund 11162) at the Saint Louis University Cancer Center
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?

come fence with us!
sponsor a fencer for the fence-a-thon
make a donation to our donor service provider
volunteer time and/or food to assist fencers during the fence-a-thon

If you are interested in sponsoring me any amount is welcome. I only have to raise 100.00, which I am all ready contributing so anything extra is just bonus.
There is a link to donate directly to St. Louis University's Hereditary Cancer Program. All anyone would need to do is make their donation directly to SLU and in the comments note that it's for Trovare Di Spada - Patrick Capstick and on the second page note that it's in honor of Mai Franklyn. She in our friend who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at start of this year.

The most important step is that I would only need a copy of the receipt showing a donation was made emailed to me at the above address so can turn it the day of the event or I don't get credit.

again if there are any questions give me shout and I'd be happy to share all the information I have!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]