[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ensis Dei - View topic - World of Logs "Widget" - Please Add!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 World of Logs "Widget" - Please Add! 

As long as we are getting a spiffy new website, can we also have the World of Logs "Ensis Dei" reports widget added to the main page?

It would fit on the right side column, under the "Donate" button and should end up looking something like this...

It would make it easier for players to get to our WOL reports

:)

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 am

That's got its good and its bad. I rather see that in the forums. With it being on front page anyone can see them and could lead to poaching (i don't think anyone would leave to a move like that just the unwanted spam as it is I get at least 2 non guildies a day asking me how to play a rogue ) but that's just my thinking.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:13 am
Profile YIM

I agree with Ruki. Unless there was a way to make it just for the guildies? It would look nice where Torq suggested.

Rouges may now cast Stealth while Stealthed, entering the state of Double Stealth, which is not only stealthier than Stealth, but also causes the word stealth to cease to make sense to your brain. Stealth.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:52 pm

I'd prefer a front page widget over something inside the forums. I figure its reasonable to share that sort of information with others. I'm sure many of us have viewed other guild's raid recounts in an effort to find ways to improve. So it seems only fair to let others check out ours.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 am

i would have to disagree i have never seen a guild post on a windrunner forum there logs, or on there frontpage of there guild website, just that they killed a guy and itmes looted, i would prefer logs be for internal use only, thats why they have such places as ej. cause you can't really learn rotations from a log, you see like "oh i have low expertise and low hit, and my boss time is low" not a "oh i need to activate a +damage spell here to boost the damage of this spell there".

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:23 am
Profile YIM

I've seen logs linked in just about every wow forum I've ever visited. Forlorn Legacy links to their logs off the front of their site http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/1525/. Temerity also links to their logs off the front page of their site http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/10640/. I've always appreciated other guild's linking their logs so I figure its only reasonable to give back a tiny bit to the community by linking ours in turn. I can't think of anything we have to hide, and I honestly can't imagine it leading to any in game spam or poaching.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:53 pm

why worry what other guilds do? does not make us less cooler, besides we have not logged a raid in a month even before the website went down, why worry about it being on the front page? just seems like a poaching tool to me when forums have worked fine.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:21 am
Profile YIM

I love the widget and would like it somewhere. I've always bookmarked the WoL page and kept checking back the hard way to see if anything new is up.

Where to have it? I feel either place is good. Is there a way to place it on the main page after you log in? So it's easy to find and see? If not I wouldn't mind it on our main page. Quite honestly if it's poaching you're worried about it happens every day, linked logs or not. If you are seriously swayed by some stranger asking you to dump your friends and not just flattered as you should be and "no thanks, but I'm happy where I am" then you were going to jump ship anyway at the first kind word from any progressive guild. Poachers don't need a log to know who you are, they know easy enough from inspecting, armory, and running through your achievements.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:04 am

The thought that someone could use the WOL widget to poach our better members never crossed my mind. If someone was intent on poaching to the extent they actively researched our guild, they probably would start with the WOL reports available to the public on the WOL site. I myself have pulled reports on other guilds to gain insight into raid makeup and damage/healing output on specific progression boss encounters. The people (other than us) who would be visiting our homepage would probably be potential applicants, server transfers, etc. I don't have any problem with those people viewing our WOL reports, because the good ones will have better insight into what they would bring to the table in their application.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 am

I am not worried people would leave. Just the unwanted spam of poaching. I have had many on me and a no thanks does not cut it and a ignore is required. A show up to registered users would be great if it does not put added work after building it from the ground up. Also feels to me like we would be flaunting. The positive and negative needs to be weighted. But like I said its just my opinion and rather keep it in the forums

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next